Selfie Crazy: Fan Gets Tattoo Of Totti’s Selfie

Francesco Totti created headlines after celebrating his strike against Lazio at the weekend by taking a selfie. As if the debates about the selfie were not crazy enough, this superfan went and got himself a tattoo of Totti taking a selfie.
The tattoo which is a well-crafted image of Totti taking a selfie was on the arm of the Roma fan.

Source: 360nobs.com

World Cup-winner Ronaldo considering comeback in USA

Former Real Madrid and Brazil striker Ronaldo has claimed he could return to the pitch this year, after becoming part-owner of NASL club Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

Ronaldo was unveiled as a new member of the Strikers’ ownership group on Wednesday, with reports in Brazil claiming he has purchased 10 per cent of the club that plays in the United States’ second-tier National American Soccer League.

While the 38-year-old has not played professionally since 2011, the two-time World Cup winner has revealed he wants to start training again in the hope he might be able to pull on Fort Lauderdale’s red-and-yellow shirt in the 2015 season.

I will try to play some games,” he told Sports Illustrated’s website.

“This year I want to train a lot.

“The last three years I didn’t because I was too busy in other stuff maybe if we get to the final and I’m feeling good, why not? I will put my name in the NASL as an option.”

The seriousness of Ronaldo’s claim is uncertain but it would be a huge coup for the NASL, who already have ex-Real Madrid captain Raul, plus his former Spain international team-mate Marcos Senna on the books at New York Cosmos.

Speaking about his ownership stake with the Strikers, Ronaldo claimed he could not turn down the opportunity to be involved with a team that has links with the former NASL that was run from 1968-1984.

“The Fort Lauderdale Strikers is a team with history, tradition,” he said.

‎Soccer in America is growing, so I think it’s a great opportunity.”

Ronaldo played 127 league games for Real Madrid as part of their famous ‘Galacticos’ era, winning La Liga in 2002-03.

He also played for PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona and Inter Milan during his time in Europe, while he started and finished his club career with Cruzeiro and Corinthians, respectively, in his native Brazil.

Source: pulse.ng

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone expects an onslaught from Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone believes Real Madrid will attack from the first minute of their round of 16 second leg in the Copa del Rey, as they look to overturn a 2-0 deficit at The Santiago Bernabeu.

Simeone’s side struck twice in the second half of last week’s first leg at Atleti’s Estadio Vicente Calderon and the Argentine coach is prepared for a 90-minute onslaught by Real when his team head across town on Thursday.

But the 44-year-old also warned Real that his team will look to clinch a quarter-finals berth as early as possible to take a possible sell-out crowd out of the equation.

“Honestly beforehand I don’t imagine a quiet game, a game that will develop throughout the all 90 minutes,” Simeone said on Wednesday.

‎”I imagine an intense start with adrenaline, with constant attacks from both teams, counter-attacks also, surely turnovers in the middle will benefit the opponent.

“Players on the pitch, I know this because I was there once, won’t wait until the 80th minute to decide [the game]. Real will look for the goal from the very beginning as we to seal the tie as soon as possible.”

Real have reduced the price of tickets for the derby, sparking suggestions the match could be sold out.

But Simeone insisted it will not make much difference for Atletico, who only have to play the 11 players in white, not the fans in the stands.

‎The atmosphere will be precious, the stadium will be full of supporters and that’s the best thing that can happen to a home team,” he said.

“But people on the stands won’t play. It will be the ones in the pitch playing, who are, by the way, much better than the others.”

Source: pulse.ng

Wilfried Bony- Now is the Time for Champions League Football

Manuel Pellegrini envisages another instant Wilfried Bony hit at Manchester City after the Cote d’Ivoire international finalised a reported £28m transfer to the club on Wednesday.
The Premier League champions have confirmed that the 26-year-old striker has penned a four-and-a-half-year deal and will wear the No. 14 shirt.

If Ivory Coast reach the final of the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) on 8 February in Equatorial Guinea, Pellegrini may have to wait not earlier than 11 February before he could have the striker in his squad for the trip to Stoke on Trent; a fortnight to the day Barcelona visit the Etihad Stadium in a Uefa Champions League round of 16 tie.

“As a player it’s always good to be part of one of the biggest clubs in the world and it’s a good opportunity for me to be in that situation now – I’m really proud,” Bony told City’s website.

“I felt excited to wait for this moment and now it’s come, it’s fantastic.”

Source :informationng.com